I recently read an interview conducted by Frontline with Jenny McCarthy, an actress whose son was diagnosed with autism. Her name came up quite a few times when I was researching anti-vaccine advocates so I decided to look into her story. She talks about how not too long after her son received the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine, he started showing signs of autism. She goes on to discuss how vaccines affect your gut, which affects your brain and how we need to help parents learn how to prevent autism. Some of the points she made were interesting but I was frustrated that she had so little faith in physicians and she displayed a very negative attitude towards them, saying they wouldn't listen and sent her away.
I can use this interview in my research because it provides an opposing view on vaccinations. It's interesting to hear different people's theories and I think it's important to keep an open mind.
References:
APA:
McCarthy, J. (2015, March 23). The Vaccine War [Interview]. Frontline.
MLA:
McCarthy, Jenny. "The Vaccine War." Interview. Frontline 23 Mar. 2015. Print.
i thought this was interesting because you wrote about someone that a lot of people know and look up to. this will have a big impact on a lot of people.
ReplyDelete